Tuesday 8 May 2012

Good news week

Hi folks! Ordinarily I never blog after work. I find after a day at my desk writing followed by entertaining, feeding, bathing, teeth-brushing and book reading with Miss I, then scrambling together some dinner, I'm magnetically drawn to the couch. Not my laptop. But tonight I'm breaking from tradition because if I don't there will be nothing to post tomorrow and where is the fun in that??

You see I normally write a blog or two on the weekend but delightfully this was not possible on the weekend just gone. The NABM household went on tour to Brisbane for a wonderful, wonderful, wedding. Highlights include meeting the whole Wiggles entourage on our flight, enjoying the most civilised and scrumptious brunch Mr G and I have enjoyed in years at Anouk with Miss I and my parents, catching up with several dear friends and celebrating a truly memorable wedding. A post on weddings is well overdue but suffice to say this was spectacular and heart-warming.

The only downside to our weekend away was that the Joyce's were on their own wedding tour to Byron Bay which meant our paths didn't cross. But the Joyce's parents, who had themselves travelled to Byron to assume babysitting duties, very kindly donated their home to us and my parents who also assumed travelling babysitting duties. Gold stars all around!! It made the weekend entirely easy. Albeit blog-free.

So why can't I simply whip up a post tomorrow, you ask? Well, my dear readers, it is because of a pretty significant perk of the job. I can't blog tomorrow because I am traveling to the Hunter Valley for two days. A Porsche will collect me in the morning and whisk me away with a few other women to enjoy some local wineries, restaurants, beauty spas and a luxury hotel. And I'm not even kidding. I still can't get my head around it. I will tell all on my return!

Finally to round out what has been a very good week in the NABM household I have to confess I've been working on a side project. For the last 13 weeks I have been busily building a baby in my spare time. I was overwhelmed to catch a visual sighting of the early results last week - at this stage all looks good! NABM is growing!! A more detailed post on this news will be out soon. Actually who am I kidding? There will be several!

So that's my week. What's news in your world?

2 comments:

Laura @ Twenty5seven said...

New to your blog but let me be the first to say CONGRATS on your *ahem* 'side project'

Gemma Munro said...

Georgie, what fabulous news!! As a mother of a 4 and 1 year old, I will be hanging out to read your NABM posts on being a Blogging Mother of Two. Congrats to you and your family! And I hope the Hunter Valley was wonderful.