Wednesday 4 July 2012

NABM is currently unavailable


Sadly NABM is unable to bring you a regular post today. Normal service will resume when I regain the normal service of my health. It is currently AWOL but I really want it back. Now, preferably. On Monday Miss I woke up with a raging temperature and chose to spend the day physically attached to me. She even took her lunchtime nap lying on top of me with her fingers in my mouth. It would have been fine if her sleep lasted half an hour but it lasted two and a half whole hours and every time I even squirmed towards my phone, my water bottle or my book she immediately resisted and made her discomfort known. So together we lay. 


I felt fine until just after putting her down to bed at 7pm. It was then clear our close physical proximity was not without consequence. Suddenly my throat was on fire, my eyes and nose were watering and I knew I was on the slippery slope to flu town. Or somewhere equally hideous. 


Miss I has largely recovered but, at the risk of sounding ever so slightly dramatic, I feel as though I'm on my death bed. Whatever this is has floored me. Being with child complicates matters because it greatly limits the arsenal of medication upon which I can rely to soothe my symptoms. So I just hover in this temporary misery and feel very sorry for myself. 


Mr G has stayed at home the last two days to look after both Miss I and myself. Just between us I think he favours Miss I as a patient. As long as her medication is given regularly she remains happy.  The same cannot be said about me. Obviously, though, this is just proof that I have contracted a more ghastly strain of this bug. It might even be the dreaded man flu I have heard so much about. 


Until my health returns, farewell. I hope everyone in reader land is feeling better than me!

3 comments:

GGPA said...

So sad for you and Miss I. Get better soon; we need you back in the well world love

Mother Down Under said...

Not the man flu!
I too woke up with a terrible sore throat this morning...lots of lemon tea with honey and hoping that it doesn't develop into something more sinister. And of course that no one else in the household is stricken with whatever it is that I have brewing!
Feel better soon!

sallyatyamba said...

Better hope & pray Mr G stays healthy. Sending lots of tea & sympathy xx