Sunday 10 July 2011

It's been a while

In real terms it hasn't been that long. Less than a week. But I feel like I've been away from here ages. And I don't think it's the blog itself I feel so far from. I think it's the life that, until last week, was part and parcel with my blog. It was comfortable, familiar and everything I knew. It was my little routine. It was my home, albeit on the other side of the world, away from home. 


And I suppose that's the funny thing. Despite feeling a million miles from it, I am home. For the most part of this week I've been in the town where I was born. Where my parents and extended tribe of beloved family friends all live. I've seen my sister, my nieces, my Pa, my brother, my brother-in-law, one of my aunts. It's my home but it doesn't quite feel that way. 


It feels like I'm here on a holiday. Just visiting. But a slightly scary visit because although I know where we're headed - Sydney- I don't know exactly where we're going to live. It's the last big piece of the puzzle I'm yet to fill. And, as far as puzzle pieces go, somewhere to live is pretty gigantic.  Without it, the picture is hard to make out. 


So that's where I'm at. Trying to imagine our new home while missing our old home. Feeling more in transit, than in traction. But. There are applications in the pipeline and I'm hopeful we will find our final puzzle piece soon. Until we do please feel free to scout comfortable, two bedroom apartments in the vicinity of Sydney. At this point Newcastle is probably close enough. 

No comments: