Thursday 4 August 2011

Unwritten words


Lately I've written some fabulous posts. A combination of funny, poignant, astute observations wittily tied together in coherent, flowing form that I'm just bursting to share with you. You would love them!! If only they existed!! I am very sad to report that my radio silence here is directly proportional with the amount of time I have found to write posts. That is none at all.

In my head I continually construct posts about anything and everything. It's a hangover from the day I started blogging, my mind just thinks in blog posts. Sad I know. And, perhaps even sadder, I really miss being here. I know it's fairly one dimensional but in my head this has been like one long conversation…with myself, with friends, with a few strangers, with anyone who has stumbled upon it. As I write I always imagine I'm talking with someone and I love that.

My dilemma is now finding the time to convert my unwritten mental posts into actual electronic form. Ironically the last few weeks have garnered more blog-fodder-for-thought than the last few years of my life. I am brimming with topics I need to dissect with each of you. Alas, they're all in my head.

So. I am going to commit to posting once a week. I'm telling you this because a while back I learned that bloggers should be consistent and clear. But just to mix that up a little bit, once I'm more settled and into the rhythm of working life, I'm hoping I might find more time to get writing again and occasionally I might even post twice. Living on the edge.

Of course the wonderful twist is that the reason I'm now time-poor is because I'm spending my days writing and being paid for it. Halleluiah. The only downside (which is a lie, because there is no downside) is that my target audience are perhaps slightly less interested in the Duchess of Cambridge than we all are.

Also, in real-world-writing-land there are style guides to follow, software programs to battle and quotes to get right, not to mention writing with sufficient balance, impartiality and accuracy. I have actually resisted writing blogs recently while I retrain myself in the manner of writing now required. Soon enough I'll have both styles down pat but if I start quoting economic indicators, business models or strategic visions for growth, here, just give me the heads up that I've mixed my audience up.

3 comments:

Sunday said...

I stumbled across your blog by chance a few months ago and absolutely love it - and I am neither married, nor a parent. I check it almost every night in bed on my (not i)phone - perfect bed time reading. Please do keep updating!

Redgate Consulting said...

I will miss the frequency of your blogs but look forward to reading your business insights and stories again after your two years in the wilderness!

Anonymous said...

New horizons will make for interesting blogging.The modern version of the "serial"...your blogs are insightful and empathetic. Congratulations on your blogging and your new job. Looking forward to new episodes!