Thursday 9 June 2011

And the winner is…


Mr G. He who was formerly known as My Husband, will now go by the name of Mr G. Thank you for all of your suggestions. Special mention to Anne for proposing the winning tag.

It's sufficiently anonymous to meet *his* privacy requirements, non descript enough to satisfy my one stipulation (must not make readers nauseous - Joyce this is where McDreamy sadly falls through) and it's perfectly fitting. G is my widely used nickname so Mr G makes great sense.

I'm embarrassed I didn't think of it myself. Astonished, even, when I consider how much I love the other Mr G. For anyone unfamiliar with Summer Heights High, this will make no sense. It's a television series that was created, written and starred in by an Australian comic genius Chris Lilley. I wasn't alone in finding the series clever, hysterically funny and searing. 

Mr G, a painfully self-important music and drama teacher who walks the unlikely line between being utterly revolting and completely endearing, is a character from the show that I particularly love. He's constantly looking for students with the triple assault - who can sing, dance and act - a combination he is very vocal (and boastful) about possessing himself.

The parallels between that Mr G and my Mr G are - fortunately -minimal. I certainly couldn't imagine marriage with the former. And, between the two of us, my Mr G and I don't even come close to achieving any of the other Mr G's trinity of skills. But the Mr Gs share this - my adoration, an ability to make me laugh and now, a name. Mr G it is.

No comments: